I have been inspired by my new kitchen to try and find some new recipes for the family. Since it’s been so cold I have been wanting warm comfort foods! This one was a hit! I am still craving it today!! YUM!
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 a package of egg noodles
seasonings to taste – I used Wild Tree Rancher Steak Rub and Onion Onion Blend
ground black pepper to taste
- Shredded Mild Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheeses
1/2 cup butter
- Diced Carrots and Celery, would be good with peas too! I didn’t have any but plan to add next time!
- Poach chicken in a large pot of simmering water. Cook until no longer pink in center, about 12 minutes. Remove from pot and cut into squares or small pieces.
- Cook 1/2 bag of noodles as directed on package
- In a separate bowl, mix together mushroom soup, seasonings, diced veggies. Gently stir together cream soup mixture with the diced chicken.
- Strain noodles once cooked and put in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Scoop in Soup, Chicken, and Veggie mixture and fold in with noodles.
- Sprinkle shredded cheeses of your choice over top – I did very little maybe a 1/2 cup total.
- Crush (I used a 1/2 sleeve) Ritz Crackers in a Ziploc bag
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, and remove from heat. Stir in crumbled crackers. Top casserole with the buttery crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.
- I served this with mini corn breads.
Please share any of your casserole recipes below. I am looking for a good Chicken and rice one next!