I don’t know about you, but dinner almost seems harder now that we are home ALL.THE.TIME! Once we get up, have breakfast, get started on work and school, then lunch, I am exhausted by dinner and I really don’t feel like trying to figure out what to make. My girlfriend included me on a recipe exchange and that gave me some new ideas! This was one of them.
It seems that chain mail was what I needed to get motivated to cook again! It lasted four days! Since then, another girlfriend shared she assigned an economics project for her boys to each take a day and prepare dinner! GENIUS! So we will be doing that here as well!
This Creamy Ranch Chicken was a crock-pot success. It’s dinner all in one! You’ve got your meat, potatoes and veggie cooked and ready to eat once the time is up. I love that! Not only is this recipe super convenient it is delicious. The ranch flavor is just perfect. Not too overpowering at all.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 medium Russet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces, or sliced.
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 10 oz. cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon Wild tree Rancher or a packet of Ranch Dry mix.
- ½ cup milk
- Spray a large crockpot (I use a 7 quart) with non-stick spray. Place cut potatoes and baby carrots in the bottom of crockpot. Lay chicken breasts over the top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream of chicken soup, dry ranch dressing mix and milk. Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken. Cover with lid and cook on High heat 5 to 6 hours OR on Low heat 8 to 9 hours.