I have been trying to eat healthier. One of the things I would like to do on my journey is introduce more fish into my diet. However, I have always been unsure as to how to cook it or handle it. Recently, I went to a Kroger Event where they were launching “Easy for you, Seafood”.
It is a really simple concept:
- You pick your seafood item and seasoning
- They season it with a seasoning of your choice (organic) at no extra cost to you
- They seal it in a nice oven safe bag with instructions on the back on how to bake
- You take it home and pop it in the oven and VIOLA! Yummy HEALTHY Dinner is ready!
The Seafood/Seasoning Pairings that we tried:
- Sweet Bourbon Salmon – Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, molasses, garlic, onion, & natural brown sugar
- Cajun Catfish – Cayenne leads the way for this blend of peppers& other spices for this fiery flavor
- California Garlic Shrimp – Garlic, Pepper, onion, bell peppers, celery, & parsley
- Lemon Pepper Tilapia – Lemon & Orange Peel combined with a dozen spices for a zesty citrus flavor
The sides we tried that night:
- Big Green Power Salad – Mixed greens, carrots & cranberries dresses with Ken’s Rasberry Vinaigrette
- Steamed Mixed Vegetables – Mixed Veggies, broccoli, Mukimame, extra virgin olive oil, parsley, cilantro, salt, & Pepper
- Red Quinoa – Sweet onion, tumeric, parsley, & pine nuts
- Healthy Rice Pudding – Brown rice, Almond Milk, coconut sugar with currants & dates
These sides are also available for you to purchase at the Kroger Dehli.
The “Easy for you Seafood” pamphlet has a perfect parings table which shows you which seasoning, side, and wine goes best with each Seafood selection. Can’t get much easier than that!
Things I love about this concept:
- The Kroger Fish counter is so helpful
- The Pamphlet is very helpful
- I don’t have to touch raw fish
- I don’t have to buy seasonings
- They add the seasoning and the oven safe bag for free!
- The seasonings are organic
What I took home to cook for my family on Friday:
I chose Lemon Pepper Tilapia – Lemon & Orange Peel combined with a dozen spices for a zesty citrus flavor, two pats of butter and dill. It was sooo delicious! Everyone LOVED it! I can’t wait to go back and try more selections. It is just too easy!