Grab your cowboy boots and mosey on over to the eighth annual Old West Festival!
We went to this Festival last year, it is now one of my Favorites. It reminded me of going to my Aunt’s Cabin in Arizona and stopping in a little town, on the way, that was western themed with the stores, shows, and food!
The festival takes you back in time to the historic American era, of the Wild West. The permanent old west town is home to everything you would expect to see in Dodge City circa 1878. Make sure to sign up for the Old West Festival newsletter!
You will enjoy historically accurate medicine and saloon shows, can-can dancers, gunfights, jailbreaks, and more.
Magician Jason Jacobs will amaze, bewilder and astonish the kids!
I enjoyed every minute of his show! Here is Austin up on stage with him!
And what would the old west be without a good ole’ fashioned gunfight?
Four times daily starting at noon, the Big Irons Rangers return with their gunfight re-enactments and trick shooting.
- Wild trick riding with Abigail Petersen and daily sessions on how she does her tricks
- World champion performer, Rider Kiesner with his Old West Performing Arts Show
- Pickled Brothers Sideshow at the Mockingbird Theatre
- 1870s Western Traveling Medicine Show by the Mockingbird Theatre
- Gun fight re-enactments and trick shooting by the Big Iron Rangers
- Old West Festival Saloon Show with dancing girls four times daily
- 1800s period music performed throughout the day
- Old-fashioned melodramas performed daily
- Cowboy Church Saturdays and Sundays at 10:30 a.m
- At 10:15 a.m. each day, kids can be sworn in by the cowboys as a deputy
- Daily magic shows and sing-a-longs
- Costume contest
- Panning for Gold! I know a little boy who will LOVE this!!
- Photos with their favorite cowboy or other strolling historic interpreters
- Learn about life as a cowhand twice daily from demonstrations and hands-on activities by Fred Shaw
- Halloween Weekend includes a Halloween costume contest, vendor pumpkin carving contest and trick-or-treating through town
- Historically accurate store fronts include a dance hall, clothing store and western-themed souvenirs
- All patrons can dress up in historic clothing and have their photos taken in the photo emporium
- Great food and drink in the Long Branch Saloon, Wright and Beverly’sRestaurant and around town
- Old west and western-themed crafts such as pottery, brooms, walking sticks, baskets, wood carvings, leather products, hand knitted items, cowboy hats and other paraphernalia available for purchase
To celebrate the opening of another season, the Old West Festival gave us a Family 4 pack of Tickets to GIVEAWAY!!! The Giveaway will end Friday, September 18th!
1449 Greenbush Cobb Rd between Mt. Orab and Williamsburg, Ohio just off St. Rt. 32. For more information, visit www.oldwestfestival.com.
Saturdays and Sundays – September 12 through October 18, 2015. From 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Themed weekends add to the experience of the Old West Festival: