The Club Mom Team is SO excited to announce to you the The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s 2019-2020 Season – MainStage at the Taft
CASPER The Friendly Musical Oct 12-21.
Book and lyrics by Stephen Cole. Music by Matthew Ward. Adapted by TCT and Roderick Justice. With special arrangement from Universal Theatrical Group.
TCT takes Casper center stage in this world-premiere musical adaptation for young audiences! Everyone’s favorite friendly ghost and his three uncles live a rather uneventful existence in the family mansion. Fifty years after their lives were cut short in a lightning storm, Magdalena, their former maid, re-enters their (after)lives! Now a celebrity TV Host, she is looking for the deed to the mansion… not because she wants the house, but because she believes there’s a message on the back that will lead her to a “great treasure”. As competition reality TV is all the rage, she hosts a live treasure hunt in the mansion on Halloween. One lucky young contestant could win $1 million if they find the deed! It is up to young Casper and his new friends, the contestants, to save the mansion from Magdalena, and discover the greatest treasure of all!
- “A Charlie Brown Christmas” Dec. 7-16. By Charles M. Schulz; based on the television special by Bill Melendez and Lee Mendelson; stage adaptation by Eric Schaeffer. This year marks the 54th anniversary of the animated TV special.
Back by popular demand, bring your family and celebrate the season with our live rendition of your favorite holiday TV special! Don’t let the hustle and bustle of the holidays get you down. Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts gang are here to remind us about what’s most important during the Yuletide season. 2019 marks the 54th anniversary of the animated TV special, A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- “Annie Jr.,” Feb. 29-March 9, 2020. Book by Thomas Meehan; music by Charles Strouse; lyrics by Martin Charnin; presented on Broadway by Mike Nichols. Based on “Little Orphan Annie.”
Leapin’ Lizards! Kick off Leap Year with us! The popular comic strip heroine takes center stage in one of the world’s best-loved musicals. With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan Annie charms everyone’s hearts, despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. She is determined to find her parents, who abandoned her years ago on the doorstep of an orphanage run by the cruel, embittered Miss Hannigan.
- “Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical,” April 25-May 4, 2020. Book by Dennis Kelly; music and lyrics by Tim Minchin. Broadway’s biggest little hero, Matilda, is an extraordinary little girl with a vivid imagination.
Broadway’s biggest little hero, Matilda, is an extraordinary little girl with a vivid imagination. Unloved by her cruel parents, Matilda is armed with astonishing wit, intelligence and mysterious powers. At school, she catches the eye of her sweet schoolteacher, Miss Honey, but also the mean headmistress, Miss Trunchbull, who loves to think of clever ways to punish children. Matilda and Miss Honey have a profound effect on each other and together they dare to take a stand against Miss Trunchbull to change their destiny.
The following productions will be performed on TCT’s Showtime Stage at 4015 Red Bank Road, Hyde Park:
- “Suffragettes: With Liberty and Voting for All,” Sept. 21-22
- “Bah-Humbug! A One-Man Christmas Carol,” Nov. 30-Dec. 1
- “Mrs. Claus Saves the Day!” Dec. 21-22
- “Coretta Scott King,” Jan. 18-19, 2020
- “Harriet Tubman: Straight Up Outta the Underground,” March 14-15, 2020
- “Dorothy in Oz,” May 16-17, 2020
- “Cinderella Wore Cowboy Boots,” June 5-7, 2020.
New subscriptions will be available in early June after existing subscription renewals are completed. Subscriptions range from $43 to $123 for all four productions. Single tickets go on sale Aug. 30. For information, call 513-569-8080, ext. 10, or click here.
In 1919, the Junior League of Cincinnati created the Junior League Players, now known as the Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati. The Children’s Theatre was incorporated as a nonprofit organization in 1947 and evolved into a professional theater company.