Now that we are busy with work, school, and fall sports I need to find good Crock Pot meals to make.
This one was a hit with my family and super easy to make!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I always use my Wild Tree Garlic Garlic Seasoning for this.
- (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, onion and garlic. Cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Place ground beef mixture, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil into your slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Uncover and stir in tortellini; top with cheeses. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 15-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve immediately